Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Scrap Tiffany - 'Beauty' Challenge


Hello Bloggers,

Seems that these days I am only able to post is when a Challenge is due - apologies! Well this challenge was one I hadn't thought about much... but once I sat down and choose a photo, pulled all the supplies together, it became a very special layout. Special, as my grandmother passed away late last year and I had been wanting to create a layout to celebrate her life. Included on this layout is a poem that my Dad read out at the funeral and it just reflected my Grandmother so beautifully.

Just in case you can't read my journalling, I have included the peom below.

God looked around His garden and found an empty space;
He looked down upon the earth and saw our tired face;
He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest;
God's garen must be beautiful, he only takes the best;
He knew that you were suffering and he knew you were in pain;
He knew that you would never get well on earth again;
He saw the road was getting rough and the hills were hard to climb;
So he closes your weary eyelids and whipsered 'Peace be Thine';
It broke our hearts to loose you;
But you didn't go alone for part of us went with you the day god called you home.

Thank you for coming by to look at my layout, be sure to pop over to Scrap Tiffany to have a look at all the creative cards and layouts from the Design Team.

Till next time, Krischelle

5 comments:

  1. Turned out fantastic! You are so clever to just pull these masterpieces out of your proverbial ;) ps - Dion gave me the go ahead for Adelaide!!! All systems go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your layout!! such a touching journaling! and the vintage look is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful memorial page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's beautiful kris! and your beautiful layout..with flowers and butterflies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly a beautiful page, Krischelle! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete